Well, the big thing this month was the final issue of Belladonna magazine. The passing of my time as resident Comics Honey has left a hole in my schedule which, melancholy aside, I’m planning to put to good use.
For one thing, now’s the time to knuckle down on my book Monster Hunters, Dinosaur Lovers. I’ve spent much of the year immersing myself in SF/F published between 2013 and 2016, the era I’m covering, and I’m prepared to make a serious dent in my writing about the controversies of the period.
The sweltering heat of late July hasn’t always been conductive to writing, but still I soldiered on!
Articles of mine published elsewhere this month:
- 2018 Hugo Reviews: Short Stories and Novelettes
- 2018 Splatterpunk Awards: Short Stories and Novellas
- 2018 Splatterpunk Awards: Collections and Anthologies
- A Hammer Hero Slays Comic Creatures in Captain Kronos: Vampire Hunter (Belladonna)
- Goddess Girls & Lycanthrope Lads: Coyotes Vol. 1 (Belladonna)
- Freaky Friday in Gangland: Gail Simone & Cat Staggs’ Crosswind (Belladonna)
- Marvel Horror Heroes Assemble in Sprits of Vengeance: War at the Gates of Hell (Belladonna)
- Women in British Animation: Lotte Reiniger
- Amazing Histories, September 1927: From a Darker Place
If you enjoyed any of these articles, please consider making a small donation to my Patreon to help me keep on writing.
Article topics for August and beyond: